As the Wolverines get ready to head to Piscataway to take on Rutgers, here are a few things to know about UM, Scarlet Knights, New Jersey, and more in 2022.
• Michigan win 8-0 behind Jim Harbaugh for the second time (2016). For the third time in the last 25 years, UM scored 8-0 (2006).
• UM scores 41.0 points per game and allows an average of 11.5 points. Michigan is one of four teams that rank in the top ten for both attack score (eighth) and defense score (third), along with Georgia (sixth, attack; second, defense), Alabama (fourth, attack; t -seven, defense). ) and Ohio State (second, misdemeanor; tenth, defense).
• Only five national teams have an average scoring margin of over 25 points per game: Ohio State (+32), Georgia (+31), UM (+29.5), Tennessee (+26.6) and Alabama (+26, 5).
• Until last season, UM averaged better than three touchdowns in a hurry per game. The team scored 38 quick touchdowns in their last 12 games (25 in the first eight games in 2022; 13 in the last four games in 2021).
• Blake Corum has 843 yards of momentum and eight touchdowns (one touchdown) in five Big Ten games in 2022, averaging 5.81 yards leading the conference game. Corum’s last 13 games (dating to 2021) have a total of 1,375 yards and 11 quick touchdowns for 5.8 yards per carry.
• Corum is fourth in the country for yards off the run (1,078), 26 for yards per move (6.02) and second for touchdowns (15). He is also the nation’s top chain player with 71 first lows on the FBS rankings.
• PFFCollege credits Corum with 52 failed tackles forced by 179 goals this season, placing him in second place among the Big 10 defenders (Chase Brown, 60). Corum has 46 fewer hasty attempts than Brown.
• The men in front allowed only 36 negatives in 557 offensive snaps (4.5 per game or 6.5% of all offensive snaps). When the rope allows the sack it takes an average of 5.10 seconds to cast, which is the fourth largest for passersby with at least 100 drops.
• JJ McCarthy’s completion rate remains the nation’s best qualified passes at 74.6 percent (126 out of 169), with a touchdown average of 9.75 yards per attempt.
• Mike Sainristil is one of the best range handlers in the Big Ten, allowing one pickup every 13.1 snaps in range in that part of the field. It is the fifth lowest in the league for players with at least one slot coverage goal per game.
• Among players with at least one point per game (eight), Brad Robbins’ suspension time of 4.32 seconds is the best in the country, according to PFFCollege. He is the only player in the country above 4.3 seconds. The average for Big 10 players matching the same qualification is 3.83 seconds.
• With Robbins in charge of the unit, no opponent has registered a rebound of more than 10 yards since UM State’s 2017 UM play (103 points). So far this year, return attempts have gained an average of 3.4 yards.
• Jake Moody entered a truly elite company in the Michigan State Record of Records. He is currently the fifth all-time goalscorer in the program’s history (297 points) and his on-record accuracy is no match for a 300-point club. He will have a chance to become the highest-scoring kicker in Michigan history, ahead of Mike Gillette (307 points) in fourth place.
• Four Wolverines are from New Jersey: Dominick Giudice, RJ MotenGeorge Rooks and Keon Sabb.